I was reading this interesting feature article:
on Yahoo Finance about “America’s Coolest Small Towns” and it reminded me of advice I often give to people: consider moving outside of (but not too far) from a big city.
Let me list a few reasons to consider it:
1. cleaner air
2. more freedom
3. get in touch with nature
Now, how about some financial reasons:
4. control inflation by using solar electricity
5. control heating costs by having an open space floor plan and a powerful wood stove
6. control water bill inflation by using well water
7. have a garden and avoid paying high “organic” prices at the store
And for some security reasons:
8. Be well outside a terrorist attack area
9. reduce chances of being mugged, attacked etc
I’m a big fan of the financial benefits of being somewhat in the country – at least have an escape. Believe me, when prices start increasing, you may wish you considered it (what am I saying, prices already increase rapidly!).