See my disclosures in the right hand margin and on my disclosures page regarding information on this site. This is an educational only site. This site is not intended for financial advice. Take the ideas here with an analytical eye and of course, talk to your advisor, attorney, CPA, Realtor before making any planning decisions. Thanks for dropping by!
Florida, Silver, Cyprus & the Fed
In today’s slightly longer talk, I cover a few points that I brought up in my blog and newsletter in the past week:
- Florida real estate
- my first silver purchase in 3+ years
- The real meaning of Cyprus to the financial world
- Is unemployment data or the Fed responsible for a rising stock market?
Seth Godin at Tufts
- Are you indispensable in your work?
- Have You 100% bought in to the 19th century education system that we still have (which makes people expendible robots)?
- “Microphones” are disappearing, hurry to claim yours
Storm Coming (and the weather is bad too)
- Discuss today’s article about macroeconomic forces and timing them for investment purposes
- discuss latest article on the WHA site about rescuing retirement planning late in the game (is it too late? Will I eat cat food?)
Crazy August Trading
- could be good for value investors
- momentum investors consider quick profits
- trend traders might see their stops hit
August 13, 2012
He Went and Opened His Mouth
- Effects of Fed and ECB “rubberlippin”
- Stick to the plan
July 30, 2012
CG’s Commentary on Coming Week in the Market
- Greece is done
- Spain is just about done
- Italy is next
Sunday – 3 Points to Consider:
- Excited? Were you excited about Friday’s stock market performance? If so, you need to relax
- RTS? What is Return To Shareholder?
- Bull Market? Are Stocks in a Bull Market Now?
Volatility Follow Up
A follow up to yesterday’s comments (listen below)
July 11, 2012
Volatility and the big picture
Investors going it alone might be spooked by the large moves daily in the stock market. However, one simple maneuver could change your perspective and make things clearer.
July 10, 2012